A little powershell script to uninstall and hide some updates. I use it to
remove unwanted Windows 10 upgrade. This is a really simple script just for
my need, but I will propably improve it. This script needs Adminitrator’s rights.
There are two parts
- launcher.cmd : a winbatch script to launch powershell one.
- remove-kb.ps1 : the powershell script itself.
To add or remove uninstalled / hidden KB you nedd to modify $kbIDs
Because I’m a Linux fan and this is my first try with powershell
this script is really simple and could not work properly, burn your cat
and cut your Little Pony head.
This script kill GWX executable, then remove some Scheduled Task about
GWX program, uninstall some KB with wusa.exe and hide it to prevent automatic
For removing GWX files, you’ll need to modify
according to your system locale with adminitrator and Y for english
- Add privilege elevation error when the script is not launched with
- Add the possibility to use arguments when calling the script (then ps script
could be call from another script)
- Remove KB2976978 update (Windows say that it’s a “Required” one…)
Remove GWX Files before uninstalling KB (check remove_gwx_file branch)
Update the windows update list to hide kb that aren’t yet listed
Speed up hide_update
- Tell me
Do what you want and feel free to offer me a beer :D